Our West Cornwall holiday park is the perfect place from which to discover the very best that this magical county has to offer. Whatever type of breakaway you prefer, we guarantee that you’ll have a thoroughly enjoyable holiday at Kenegie Manor.
Surrounded by a spectacular coastline, our West Cornwall holiday park boasts a magnificent location close to Penzance and St Ives. Our park is an ideal base for those who love walking holidays. From here you can put your best foot forward and walk the South West Coast Path, which meanders its way around Cornwall’s coast for dozens of miles.
If, however, you prefer nothing more than relaxing on golden, sandy beaches then a stay with us makes perfect sense. West Cornwall is blessed with many stunning beaches, from those close to St Ives on the north coast to the popular Sennen Cove and the more remote stretches of sand on the nearby Lizard Peninsular. Our park is also just a stone’s throw from Marazion beach, which is a beautiful stretch of sand which looks out at the iconic St Michael’s Mount. Why not spend an afternoon on the beach here with the family and enjoy some tasty fish and chips for tea?
We all know that the kids need to be entertained while on holiday. And, if you can tear them away from their iPads and mobile phones, then there’s plenty for them to see and do nearby. Visit fantastic attractions such as Flambards Theme Park, the Eden Project, Newquay Zoo, Blue Reef Aquarium, Poldark Mine, Land’s End and St Michael’s Mount – all of which are only a short distance away.
And if all that wasn’t enough, you should check out Cornwall’s action-packed summer events diary, which is bursting with great things to see and do. Here’s just some of our favourites….
- Stithians Show is one of the county’s biggest one-day agricultural shows, with plenty to see and do for the whole family, with dog agility competitions, livestock judging and dozens of trade stands and rides. Held on 11th July 2016.
- The Lafrowda Festival is the annual celebration of community arts in West Cornwall. There’s 12 hours of free entertainment, with street performers, stalls and processions. Held on 16th -30th July 2016.
- RNAS Culdrose Air Day attracts thousands of people each year as people flock to see the air displays from military and classic aircraft. Step behind the scenes of the Fleet Air Arm, the Royal Navy’s flying force. Held on July 28th 2016.
- Boconnoc Steam Fair is one of the biggest and best country fairs in Cornwall, with entertainment for the whole family. With classic vehicles, steam engines and stalls all set within the grounds of the Boconnoc Estate near Lostwithiel. Held on 29th-31st July 2016.
- Falmouth Week is well worth a visit for sailing fans. It has grown into the largest sailing regatta in the South West, with hundreds of yachts racing over 8 days. Held on 5th – 14th August 2016.
- Fowey Royal Regatta is another popular event for those interested in sailing. Alongside a week of fun-filled activities, including a colourful carnival, the regatta also sees a grand firework display and a visit from the legendary Red Arrows. Held on 14th to 20th August 2016.
- Closer to home, Newlyn Fish Festival celebrates all things fishy! Held at one of Britain’s premier fishing ports in Newlyn, here you can wet your appetite with cooking demonstrations from top chefs. Held on 29th August 2016.
- From one fish festival to another….Newquay Fish Festival, like Newlyn, is extremely popular and celebrates all that is a great about the Cornish fishing industry and, indeed, this north Cornwall resort’s role in it – especially for shellfish. Newlyn is the home of one of the last surviving fishing fleets in Cornwall. Held on 16th-18th September.
- Falmouth Oyster Festival is jam packed with cookery demonstrations from local leading chefs. If you are a fan of the oyster then prepare to be inspired. Enjoy some great oyster-based dishes, seafood, wine and entertainment! Held on 6th – 9th October.
- And why not round off your trip with a visit to Falmouth Beer Festival. There’s more than 200 local and national ales to choose from as well as ciders and lager – one of the biggest beer festivals in the South West.
Our West Cornwall holiday park is the ideal destination for your holiday in Cornwall this year. And to make your budget stretch even further we have a range of top money-saving special offers for you and your family! Contact us today on 0800 043 6449 or book on-line now!